Well here we are, rapidly approaching that dreaded time of year when we bust out with our resolutions for the next year. I’m not usually one for doing such things, but this year I’m going to because I think it’ll help. Please note that these are only the fitness resolutions, the others will follow shortly.
1. Lose 10-12 pounds. No time limit on this, as long as I actually get it done.
2. Run a 5K. I wanted to write here all about how I hope I’ll be ready for the one in March, but truth be told, there’s no reason for me NOT to be ready for it. It should be relatively easy for me to do it, as long as I’m actually working. If I’m not ready then it means I wasn’t really trying. This should be a good test for me.
3. Do 5 hours of cardio per week. This shouldn’t be that difficult, as it includes running, elliptical, dancing, biking, power yoga, swimming, etc. But I have to do 5 hours per week.
4. Go snowboarding at least 3 times.
5. Try out 3 new forms of exercise: snowshoeing, rockclimbing, cross-country skiing, kayaking, hip-hop dancing, etc.
6. Get better at ice skating. Perfect crossover going counter-clockwise and learn to actually do it clockwise. Remember that if you’re a good enough skater, you’re going to join the hockey team next winter.
7. Go to yoga at least once per week, twice would be better. It’s been a long time since I’ve actually been doing that and I need to get back into practice.
Yeah, I guess that’s about it for now. I’m sure that there are more and that I’ll be updating this list regularly, but this is all I’ve got for now.