… the detox was over. Started out pretty much the way the rest of the last week and a half has, and it finished with a bang.
Breakfast: Kashi with banana and rice milk.
Mid-morning snack: red lentil and coconut soup with brown basmati rice.
Lunch: big green salad and a fruit salad.
Afternoon snack: coffee tasting at Starbucks College, haven’t had coffee in about a year so I got WIRED.
Dinner: teriyaki chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, ice cream, bread and butter.
Water: 45 oz.
Exercise: 45 minutes walking.
Sleep: 6 hours.
Weight lost: 3 lbs.
– I don’t need dairy and meat and sweets in my everyday life in order to survive.
– My body feels so much better when I’m eating the way that I have over the last week and a half.
– I have it within my power to control my eating.
– Even when this was all over and I had the potential to eat whatever I wanted, none of it really appealed (except for the ice cream).
– I don’t need to have milk and honey in every single cup of tea I have (although I’m really excited to be drinking just that right now).
– I would be happier if I ate this way more often.
– Brown basmati rice and rice milk are fabulous (my two new discoveries).
– I can cook really good vegetarian food.
– Sushi is the greatest invention of all time.
I feel amazing. Truth is, I’m going to pretty much go right back to this way of eating. I will, of course, add in some meat and dairy and sweets sometimes, but not as often as I used to, that’s for sure. And if I do, and I need a reminder, I can always do this again.
It’s good to be alive.