Part 1 of the story …

I’m sitting down to write, but what I might end up doing is a lot of copying and pasting from emails that I wrote today.

Back story first.

About a month ago I joined a dating website. You know that, right? Well, I’ve been doing a lot of dating … although to be honest it’s more been sleeping around than anything else. I went out on one date with a guy who I thought could actually be boyfriend material, but he told me afterwards that he has a policy to not date anyone who’s been divorced for less than a year. Entirely reasonable, and I’m not even mad at him. Everyone else was either someone I wasn’t even vaguely interested in or someone who I was only interested in sexually. There was nothing particularly promising.

So on Sunday Darwin and I had a babysitting job for his best friend, LuLu, whose mother was in labor. We arrived at 5:30am and spent all day there. Darwin and LuLu kept each other entertained all day long, without my even needing to spend too much time paying attention to them. They watched movies and played in a water table and build a house out of straw and chased each other around screaming and acting like crazy little people (which is exactly what they are). But because I had so much free time, I spent a lot of the day hanging out on the dating site. At some point in the afternoon I came across a profile that I was interested in and immediately sent the guy a message.

To make a long story short, we emailed back and forth for a while and then I gave him my phone number. He called, we talked for about 45 minutes, and then spent around 5 hours texting back and forth. It was amazing. We liked the same things, he wants to have kids, and the sexual chemistry was definitely there over the phone. Even when we started listing off our faults neither one of us was phased in the slightest. It was incredible. We arranged to meet up the next evening for our first date.

Well, it was quite possibly the most amazing date of all time. It’s not just that the chemistry was there, but that if my two very best friends in the world got together and designed a man for me, this would be him. He’s Scottish (like from Scotland … sexiest accent ever … I’ve always thought so), is a movie freak, a photographer, a fucking high school history teacher who went to the school I’m going to right now, who is sexy as hell and really, really seemed to like me. We had spectacular sex, which was followed by several hours of discussions and kissing and feeling like the two of us were meant for each other. It was, in a very simplistic word, magic.

But that was two days ago, Monday evening, and I haven’t heard from him since he left my house on Tuesday morning. I don’t know if this is a bad thing or not, because I have no idea what the rules of dating even are. But I have texted him and called at this point, and still no word.

Now, keep in mind one very important thing … this is prom week at his school, and he’s ultra involved in everything that happens at the school, so he’s ridiculously busy. But still, couldn’t he have found a minute to call or text?

So, am I being blow off? Is he as freaked out by the intensity of our evening together as I am, and is just dealing with it in a different way? Is he actually just too busy?

I suppose only time will tell …

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s